Friday, June 13, 2014

A Few Firsts

It's been too long since I've posted and I could do about 10 different posts, but I'll try to narrow it down to maybe 3. We have been pretty busy the past couple of months with a variety of projects, activities and travels. I finished off my first year of teaching preschool in my home. It was a fun learning experience for me! I don't know that I would be as anxious to do it if my own kids weren't involved, and because of my kids' ages this next year, I will not be teaching this coming year. I definitely plan to do it again though, probably next year. We finished off the year with a Preschool Celebration- an evening with a little program of the kids singing songs and reciting poems and fingerplays we've learned over the year. We also had their artwork and projects done over the school year on display. (I didn't call it a Graduation because 4 of the 6 get to have at least one more year of Preschool.)  :)
Here are the adorable kids I was able to teach this year and a little snippet of the program:

We had our first piano recital the week after. Besides Christopher, I teach just 3 other cute boys. I prepared a piece to play as well, and with their four solos and 2 duets AND refreshments, the whole thing was 30 minutes. Short and sweet. :) I look forward to many more recitals in the future.
And we also had our first family swim of the summer. We went to Chris' parents' where they always invite friends and family to swim and BBQ on Memorial Day and the kids had an awesome time.
 
More to come soon!

1 comment:

The Purcells said...

Sara you're so awesome and I swear your kids keep getting cuter when I think it's not possible. So excited for next week!