Sunday, February 3, 2013

6 Years!

Today is our Anniversary, and I am so grateful for the years I've have with Chris! He is an incredible father and wonderful husband and I am so lucky to have him!
It's crazy how much has happened since this great day:
We celebrated our anniversary on Friday by going out to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (we had a gift card!)  The food and environment were amazing and we finished our date by walking on the beach like we did on our first date. It was a ton of fun.
Now for a quick update on us before I get to the kids. Chris is enjoying work and keeping busy. He went to the midwest and Toronto (and got to see Niagara Falls) last month, and he is looking forward to a business trip to Denmark, Germany and Netherlands next month. He works so hard that sometimes he does things like spread toothpaste on his face at 5:00 am, thinking it is lotion!
Besides the day to day life with my sweet kids, I find times to do little projects or hobbies. This was my first real craft I did by myself. I had to buy the materials, including a glue gun, at Wal-Mart in the area I have always completely avoided. The product is certainly not that impressive, and I'm not really anxious to do my next craft, but this was a big step for me! Silly, huh?
 I've been trying to play piano more often, which has been fun. I've also considered taking piano lessons, but then again, I also want to run a half-marathon this year, and I also want to start teaching piano, and maybe start a little preschool this fall, and do more arts/projects/outtings with the kids, and put together some kind of photo books for the kids....the list goes on. But some days I don't accomplish a whole lot besides basic care of kids and cleaning the house! It's good to have goals to work toward though. Meanwhile, I try to enjoy each day with the kids and look forward to the evening when Chris walks in the door and gets mauled by the kids. I have lots to be grateful for! (There are also 3 NEW POSTS about the kids below this; Enjoy!)

3 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I knew it was your anniversary yesterday and forgot to say something! I'm sorry. But I hope it was great.

Also, any chance you get to go to Germany, Denmark and Netherlands with Chris?! That would be amazing!

And shutterfly. That's where I do all my photo books. It's pretty easy, but they are nice quality and it helps you keep all your pictures in one place.

I can't help you with anything else. Except to say don't run a half. Worst decision I ever made:)

Chrissy said...

6 years - you are such an old married couple! :) You are both very impressive and have accomplished a great deal in your married life together already. Thank you for being inspiring!!!!

Heather Dayton said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it has been 6 years - time flies! I love your bow frame, it's SO cute!!!