February has been good to us so far, and we've had a lot on our minds throughout the last couple of weeks!
To start off, Chris and I hit our 5 year anniversary on Feb 3rd! In our 5 years, we have lived in 7 different places, experienced interesting summer and get-through-college jobs, made good friends (we were reminiscing about numerous game nights from the past), had 2 kids, enjoyed many fun times with our families, Chris has graduated, started a good job...and now we're expecting baby #3 and hopefully pretty soon will be buying our first home!! We can't say our five years have been perfect, but we have lots of great memories to look back on and look forward to many many more!
We celebrated our anniversary by getting away for a night and enjoying this lovely resort. (Big thanks to Chris' parents for watching the kids and my mom whose graduation gift we finally put to good use!) It was a beautiful area and we enjoyed walking on the beach, exploring tide pools with starfish, crabs and other little sea creatures, swimming in the resort pool, seeing dolphins and whales from the coast, and enjoying an amazing seafood buffet (don't worry, I was careful about what I ate- and I really enjoyed the great dessert buffet that came with it!) But we mainly just enjoyed time to do whatever we wanted, without having to worry about the kids and their schedules and needs!
Chris also celebrated his birthday on the 13th, which was pretty laid back. The kids and I met him for lunch then he and I went out for dinner and we had homemade cheescake for dessert with his family. He said it's getting to the point where birthdays are a little depressing. :) We sure do love him though!
For Valentine's day we enjoyed receiving and sending little Valentines to family, and we made and decorated sugar cookies.
In between all this, we've been looking at houses- crazy business. It's all been fun, but a little tiring...
Next post will be more about the kids. :)

6 comments:
Reading about your past 5 years makes me exhausted! You guys have done so much! And I am super excited about cute little Waldron #3!!! Love the picture of Christopher asleep at the table - whose child is he? :) You're sure a cute family, and I feel so lucky to be related to you all! (And tell Chris he IS old!)
Hooray for all of that! Your kids are dang cute, but it's still nice to have a post of you two old people:) Can't wait to see you when you get out here soon!
Love that picture of Christopher. So cute! What a fun month. You guys really have done a lot in five years. Yay for another darling baby!
What a fun anniversary! I bet that was nice and relaxing - perfect since Baby #3 is coming soon. I am SO excited about that - this cousin will be the closest one for any of my kids, and no being the lone 2012 grandchild! So happy for your guys! :)
Awesome getaway! Also, the picture of Christopher sleeping is hilarious. I don't think many of mom's grandkids would sleep when there's food in front of them. And I LOVE living close to you.
Congratulations on the new baby!!! It sounds like you had a great anniversary. It is always fun to get away. Brady and I love the ocean, watching it, listening to it, and just plain enjoying its calming effect.
Post a Comment