Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Busy Month

Our April was a busy and eventful month. It started out with Christopher's 2nd birthday (we thought it was crazy there was snow on his birthday- little did we know it would continue through the month!)
We enjoyed the few times we had to relax and play together:
My sweet grandma died at age 101, and we were honored to be able to sing a song my dad wrote, Feed my Sheep. (This is us practicing)
Here is most of Grandma Dayton's posterity. While a funeral is a sad event and we will miss her, we were grateful for the opportunity to see so much family.
Chris finished up and presented his impressive senior project; as Team Leader he did a great job and they were happy with how it turned out.
And here is the graduate! He got his bachelor's degree in four years, a big accomplishment since he worked most of those years and was still a very involved father and helpful husband!
And of course we moved. We are sad to leave Ogden and will really miss our friends and family there, but we are grateful Chris has a good job he is excited about, and we're enjoying being near the Waldron family and loving the warm weather!
Next post will have more pictures and info about the kids...

6 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Okay, I've always thought Christopher looked like you, but he IS you in that first picture! Crazy.

I can't believe you guys are really gone. It's been so fun having you close.

Congrats on the graduation, move and new job!

Becky Dayton said...

Christopher's face in that first picture is HILARIOUS! I love it. All of these are great pics. Yay for Chris! That last picture with all of the boxes is depressing...
I'm glad you're loving Cali and I'm sorry I haven't called you back yet. I will soon. Promise.

Adam and Lisa said...

Yay for being closer to me!!! And Christopher and Steven had very similar cakes this year! :)

christi said...

Good Luck in Cali I'm sad that we never was able to get together but I'm glad that I can keep up with you through Blogs and Facebook

Chrissy said...

So glad you are settling in in California, but I am sad we won't automatically have you to visit next time we come to Utah. :S Guess we'll just have to come visit! Way to go Chris!!!

Camille said...

I am glad that Chris is liking his new job and you guys are probably loving the warm weather! Still crazy back and forth weather here in Ogden. We miss you! The other day I took Kambree to play with Leila and she asked to go play with "Crisfers". Hope we can visit soon:)