Monday, March 7, 2011

A Weekend of Ups and Downs

It has been a very interesting weekend for us- here are some ups and downs:
Down- Friday at breakfast, Christopher sort of choked on toast/coughed till he couldn't breath and it got so bad that when he turned blue, his eyes rolled back and he started getting stiff, I called 911.
Up- He came out of it less than a minute after I called (I think he fainted, then he was ok), and he was super excited to see the fire engine outside (they had to still come and follow up).
Up- We got to spend some time with some of Chris' family in Logan later that day.
Down- The reason we were gathered was to attend his sweet great grandma's funeral.
Up- We met up with my sister and her kids in Provo and enjoyed the evening with them.
Down- Saturday morning Christopher pulled a 10-pound weight off a little weight rack in the basement onto his big toe.
Up- We kept with our plan to go to St. George for my awesome cousin's wedding. Christopher rode between cousins with his foot propped up and did really well on the drive, with his cousins and a movie to keep him entertained.
Down- Once there my cousin who is an ER Dr. said he needed to get it fixed asap or he would lose his big toenail.
Up- Chris was the hero and took him to an InstaCare (I probably wouldn't have handled it very well), and I was able to be in the temple for the ceremony with lots of family.
Down- I forgot to tell my sisters to bring a pacifier for Brooklyn and she was quite fussy while we were outside of the temple taking pictures.
Down- The Dr. said Christopher's toe was broken but not too badly, and he removed the nail that was barely hanging on, sewed up a cut underneath the nail, pushed the nail back in, sewed it onto the toe, and bandaged it up. I know, Ouch!
Up- When he and Chris were driving back to the hotel, they saw a horse running down the road, then Chris stopped so he wouldn't hit it, and honked at it. Random! Christopher talked about it NONSTOP for the next few hours. "Horse! Stop, honk." Ha ha!
Up- My mom got 3 hotel rooms (2 connected and the other across the hall) for our families at the Fairfield, and we loved being close to everyone the rest of the day.
Up- We relaxed and my mom got In-N-Out for everyone, then we enjoyed visiting with everyone at the reception.
Up- After the kids were all in bed, some of us hung out in our hotel room and ate, talked and laughed till it got pretty late.
Ok, there aren't really any more downs. On Sunday we packed up, went to church and drove back. We had just our family in our car and Chris and I enjoyed talking and spending time together. We had a yummy dinner at my mom's house and got back home last night. It was an eventful weekend for sure!
Fortunately, Christopher has handled it really well and doesn't seem to be in pain except when we change the bandage.
He hobbles around and was really cute and playful today. While there have been a few downs, we still have lots to be happy about and grateful for!

6 comments:

Camille said...

Scary about him choking...I am glad he is okay! And sad about his big toe. Poor little guy. I am glad you guys had a good weekend in spite of everything! We will have to get the kids together soon. Rylee has RSV right now so I will let you know when she is cleared up and then we can have a play date.

christi said...

Oh poor Christopher I am glad that he is ok. I'm also glad that you were able to have a nice weekend.

Marcizzle said...

Sad... :( Yes we need a play date. Soon.

Becky Dayton said...

Those pictures of his toe kill me. He was such a champ.

HORSE!
Honk!

Love him! I'm very glad you guys still came to St George and I didn't even notice that Brooklyn was fussy outside the temple so she must not have been. Or maybe I'm an unobservant aunt. It's probably the latter. Sorry.

Chrissy said...

You are such a trooper to have still gone to St. George after everything that happened! I'm so glad you did and have had such a great time with you this past week! Thank you for the efforts you make to spend time with us when we are here. I am really going to miss you guys when you move!

Chrissy said...

Those pictures break my heart! The one of him on the bed crying is so sad. You (and him, and Chris) were really troopers last weekend.